A brief of Kumzar
Kumzar is one of the most inaccessible settlements in Oman, the famously remote town of KUMZAR sits perched in solitary splendour at the northernmost edge of Musandam, hemmed in by sheer mountains and accessible only by boat. The isolated location of the village has harboured a separate language, Kumzari, which is the only Iranian language native in the Arabian Peninsula. The culture is distinct from the other settlements in the area. Sadly, outsiders (meaning non-resident Omanis as well as foreign tourists) have been banned from landing in the town since 2010 as a result of locals complaining about the intrusive behaviour of tourists. A “visit” to the town therefore involves sitting in your boat in the harbour about 100m offshore and seeing what you can, although it’s still well worth making the trip out here for the magnificent coastal scenery en route, as well as for the tantalizing glimpse of Oman’s most reclusive town at the end of it. Many of Musandam’s best diving spots are also located in the waters around Kumzar.
Book your seats Now
- The trip out to Kumzar by speedboat takes around 45min–1hr from Khasab,
- Around 2hr 30min by dhow.
- The ride takes you out past the magnificent sea cliffs enclosing the entrance to Khasab harbour, past the entrance to the fine Khor Ghob Ali, and then Goat Island (Jazirat al Ghanim), ringed with fluted limestone cliffs.
- Kumzar trip has amazing sightseeing along the Fjords & view of Sea Cliffs and Goat Island.
- Kumzar trip is an amazing way to immerse yourself in the beauty of the sea and islands as you make your way to Kumzar Village.
- The guests will be offered safety jackets and snorkeling kit as a part of the tour and indeed you will have mouth watering seafood lunch and refreshments on dhow.
- Full day dhow cruise to Kumzar (On Private Basis only).
- Lunch and refreshments on board.
- Unlimited soft drinks and mineral water.
- Life jackets, towels and snorkeling kits.
- Trekking through Kumzari village.
- Refreshments at traditional Kumzari house.
This is Musandam ‘Norway of Arabia’ where you get to explore turquoise waters, pristine marine life, corals, reefs, dolphins, historical islands, and the Musandam fjords. Khasab Oman has been blessed with jaw dropping sea beauty, coastline, and small sandy beaches. Book a trip to Musandam and we guarantee that you will fall in love with this place because it’s Musandam….
YOU WILL FEEL ALIVE!!
Plan an Unforgettable Experience in Oman Today!
We can help you fit your happiness and experience within your allotted budget.
Book Your Stay Now